Capacity building is an investment in the effectiveness and future sustainability of a NGO. In simple words, it is anything that help a NGO grow in organizational maturity, operational, programmatic or financial aspect so that it can contribute to the society and have a positive impact on lives and communities.
Our steps towards capacity building :
- Adolescent health has been a neglected area in the scheme of primary healthcare. There is a need to build the capacity of the service providers on ARSH issues.
- Training the Medical Officers.
- Training the ANM/Lady Health Visitor (LHV)/Male supervisors and ICTC Counsellors.
- Training of master trainers of ASHA Support System at State Level
- Refresher training of frontline service providers (Peer group Educators and Field Trainers).
- Panchayati Raj Trainings of PRI’s.
- Akash Task Force: Was formed to sensitize the Adolescent age group girls through sessions at the Government girls colleges and schools of Uttarakhand. More than 12000 Adolescent girls were sensitize on the adolescent issues.
- SAMARPAN provides support to the UKHFWS in conducting the trainings of Block and district level staff of FNGOs and DARCs who are working on UDAAN program in 42 blocks along with the Medical and Paramedical Staff.