Panchayati Raj is the local self-government of villages in rural india and to strengthen those villages, one needs to strengthen the Panchayati Raj system. In Uttarakhand, the state government has been training the panchayat and local unit representatives through professional experts. Samanpan Society had the opportunity to be a part of this system and contribute towards the development of rural India as it was selected for Almora District. Through 123 trainings for 564 elected members, we helped the them to understand and implement various programs and schemes, and optimize the flow of work at different levels i.e. the block, panchayat and ward level. They got 03 days trainings within a period of seven months. We introduced them with Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Gram Badlow Yojna and a few other programs.
One of the predominant skill or training that one must have is Disaster Management Training. Uttarakhand, being a disaster prone state, makes it even more important for every resident to have the idea or knowledge to cope up with various kind of calamities that might transpire, without losing the calm. Awareness and Training programs such as capacity building of on-ground partners is an essential aspect of the work we do here at Samarpan. Joining hands with the Department of Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre, Uttarakhand, we conducted sessions on Disaster Mitigation in the district of Vikasnagar with Mahila Aarogya Samitis and Yuva Mangal Dal in the district. Every life holds some meaning for us, and out team works indefinitely towards making sure that each one of them is safe.
- National Women Helpline : 181, a toll free helpline since its inception, has been reaching out 24×7 to women in distress across Uttarakhand. The helpline commenced functioning in collaboration with the women and child welfare and home departments provides both emergency and non emergency support 24 hours to the aggrieved women. SAMARPAN Society in association with Women and Child Development Department, Government of Uttarakhand launched National Women Helpline – 181.
- MGNREGS Call Centre : In order to facilitate unskilled labour of Uttarakhand, the Department of Rural Development planned to provide services by opening a Call Centre for the rural people of Uttarakhand , where people can directly interact for their Queries, Demand for Work and The Call Centre got operationalized
- RKSK Helpline : A toll free counselling helpline for the adolescents was started within the State Adolescent Health Resource Centre of the SNA.This innovative idea was appreciated by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, which was later adapted by the other The Uttarakhand Adolescent toll free number is 1800-180-1200. This is a 4 terminal helpline where the calls are attended between 08:00 AM till 08:00 PM seven days a week by these 6 tele – counsellors. The operationalization of this Helpline was done by us from its inception (Dec 2011) till Jan 2015.
- Malnutrition Call Centre Uttarakhand : Calls were made through the Call Center to Aganwadi Workers for taking information about the weight and health of the malnourished children. Based on this information, advice was given about the nutritious meals/food for the malnourished children.
- HIV AIDS Helpline : The Helpline was funded by USACS (Uttarakhand State Aids Control Society) for creating awareness to the people of The helpline undertakes the queries and creates awareness to the caller regarding HIV AIDS.